"Finding your sound"
AKHorn Productions is a music company that offers production and performance services. We strive to meet your musical needs. AKHorn Productions is committed to producing high-quality music that is rich in diversity, from style to lyrical content. Our music production is available for licensing and our performance group’s services are available for private and public functions, including artist backing, clubs, festivals, weddings, libraries, colleges, and concert halls.
Aaron K. Hamilton, Founder
For over twenty years, Aaron K. Hamilton has distinguished himself as a musician (trumpeter, pianist, and vocalist), composer/songwriter, educator and producer. His roots are in Gospel, Blues, Jazz, and Classical music.
Aaron has collaborated with accomplished masters, such as post-bop drummer Joe Chambers, the late piano virtuoso Jaki Byard, bassist Papa Jube/ Herbie Lewis, Wayne Wallace, Jason Moran and legendary Ska drummer Winston Grennan to name a few.
His talents have led him to perform in many venues (festival, clubs) in the U.S. as a well being selected to perform abroad in Sweden and Israel music festivals.
Our services provide a platform for people to be creative, stimulated, and active in pursuing a variety of musical aspirations.
If you’re searching for tracks, beats, musicians, arrangements, or jingles to promote your product, we can turn your idea into a viable product or develop completely original material to suit your musical needs. AKHorn Productions understands the importance of having the right canvas to create your art, and in this digital age, we use technology that facilitates that creation. Our services include music producing, sequencing, arranging, composing, songwriting, transcriptions, Artist backing, and consulting. Through the service packages listed below, we look forward to helping you find your sound!
1. Music Producer: The producer is to oversee and manage the recording project (“production") of an artist or client’s music. The producer has many roles that may include, but are not limited to, gathering ideas for the project, selecting songs and/or musicians, coaching the artist and musicians in the studio, controlling the recording sessions, and supervising the entire process.
2. Music Sequencing: Vocalists, Rappers, and Instrumentalists, if you need an original sound then this are the service for you. Clients have the opportunity to work with the AKHorn creative team to develop the appropriate rhythm section that provides the right driving force for your musical preference, whether it is Pop, Hip Hop, Rock, R&B, or another style.
3. Arranging: A high quality arrangement is an essential ingredient to one creating a song. AKHorn can produce an arrangement for any size instrumentation, from piano arrangements to big band. We start with your original material or chosen song and build each section carefully with musical integrity and vivid imagination. Your finished product is a quality arrangement ready to be performed or recorded to your liking.
4. Composing & Songwriting: This service is for clients who need creative input (lyrics, chord progressions, form adaptation, melody enhancement) added to music or completely original compositions. AKHorn will meet with you to discuss your style and influences. Once we finish your song, you can take it from there or you can use other AKHorn services to take your song to the next level or in a different direction.
5. Transcriptions: Our transcription services are for clients who have a recording of a song and need the song musically notated. We can turn your pre-recorded song into charts for professional musicians.
6. Live Performance
If you want live music for your event or a band to back your artist, then you’ve turned to the right place! The sound that AKHorn Production produces and performs is a blend of spiritual overtones, conservatory backgrounds, and the everlasting pulse of urban folk experiences (watch). It combines all the rich musical traditions that America has to offer from Bebop to Hip Hop. This focus on traditions and people being unified was the impetus behind the naming of AKHorn Production’s in-house band, Enkabom, which means “unity” in Ashanti.
7. Music Consultant
(content to come)
Platinum: Album, 10-12 songs
Gold: E.P. 6-8 songs
Silver: Demo, 3-5 songs
Bronze: Maxi- Single 1-3 songs w/optional remix
(Contact AKHorn Productions at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing)
Liberation - featuring Aaron K. Hamilton
Raised in the blues playground of Mississippi, Hamilton took his first musical breath in the church. His education on the trumpet continued in the San Francisco Bay area. Then his passion led him on a musical journey to New York City, particularly to the Manhattan School of Music and The New School Jazz for Music, where he further trained in jazz and classical music traditions, adding piano, arranging, composing, and vocals to his repertoire.
The result is a sound steeped in jazz that showcases an upbeat pop scope, clever blues undertones, and shadows of gospel. His rhythmic yarns are familiar and new, urgent and soothing as they saunter toward a finale. “My music has spiritual overtones that preach to the [secular] masses,” Hamilton explains. “It’s a combination of all my experiences.” He blends his European influences and conservatory background with the everlasting pulse of Congo Square and the urban folk base of his Southern upbringing. He’s collaborated with accomplished masters such as post-bop drummer Joe Chambers, the late piano virtuoso Jaki Byard, bassist Papa Jube and legendary ska drummer Winston Grennan to name a few.
He also regularly performs with his eponymous quartet.
A talented lyricist, Hamilton is no stranger to matters of the heart--the breaks, the aches, the embraces and quite simply the love that ebbs and flows from our interactions with family, friends and lovers. And it’s this love that led him to form his own production company. Through AKHorn Media, he works with diverse clients to bring high quality recordings to bear via arranging, audio engineering, programming, music sequencing and composing. “I was born to be a teacher, chosen to be a healer,” he asserts. As a further testimony to that purpose, he has spent over 15 years educating young minds about developing one’s musicianship and knowledge of music history. For his latest endeavor, The Liberation Project, Hamilton was inspired by the trials and tribulations of his own life to express the strength, courage and faith that brought him successfully to the other side. “I believe music was put here for a purpose, as a gift,” he says. This gift contains songs expressing pain, yearning, laughter, forgiveness.
What exactly is liberation? Ask this trumpet commander, pianist, songwriter, music educator, composer and producer, and he’ll tell you it’s the freedom found when one discovers self. On this project, Hamilton continues to craft healing stories in musical form. The story of a person coming to recognize the grace, of an artist in love with music, of a man grappling with this beautiful thing called life.
Aaron K. Hamilton is a musician who weaves syncopation, words, melodies, and deliberate whispers to triumphantly share how he overcame his struggles and liberated himself.
Studio & Recording Specs
AKHorn Production’s unique in house recording studio for Producers, Artist & Musicians ran by Producers, Artist & Musicians.
Pro-tools 12,10, pro-tools 8, logic 10, reason 5, SSL plugins, waves mercury bundle, native instruments.
Appollo Twin II
Microphones (Samson co2, shure sm57, rhode mtk, mxl 2001, nueman)
Analog mixer (Yamaha mg164)
Studio monitors/pa system (monitors -Samson Resolve 40A) (pa system-fender p-80, pre sonus blue tube dual path pre-amp
Keyboards (Yamaha p80, nord electro2, kurzwiel s88, Baby Grand Ebony Steinway Piano, micro korg xl)
Headphones (Sony mdr 7506, akgk 44, senhiezer h201
We run Mac and PC
Amps-crate acoustic 62, Roland kc300, Roland kc60
Ludwig acoustic CS custom
22" x 18" bass
12" x 8" and 10" x 8" toms
14" x 14" floor tom
5" x 14" snare
100% birch shells
Satin oil finish
(specs to come)
• 18" x 14" bass drum
• 12" x 8" tom
• 14" x 14" floor tom
5" x 14" snare drum
News, Music, Photos, Video